NOTE: We Recommend replacing plastic drain plugs with Stainless Steel Plugs when purchasing a Gen 7 Sea Pump!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does this pump come complete or do I need to buy any other parts?
A: This pump comes complete, it will re-use your factory rear pump inlet.
2. What if my rear pump housing is worn badly?
A: This surface no longer mates to the the new impeller, so it does not matter, the rear housing is now only a water inlet and exit for your new pump.
3. Does this pump feature wear plates on both sides of the impeller?
A: Yes it does, this is a unique feature of this pump, this will allow you to service this pump for years to come without any housing damage.
4. How does my pulley install?
A: You will need a simple professional pulley installation and removal tool. This tool is commonly found at any auto parts store. YOU CAN NOT PRESS THE PULLEY ON THE SHAFT. YOU MUST USE A PROPER PULLEY INSTALLATION TOOL TO INSTALL THE PULLEY. PRESSING THE PULLEY ON THE SHAFT WILL DAMAGE THE BEARINGS AND VOID THE WARRANTY!
5. Is any modification required to my factory mounting bracket?
A: No modification is required, this pump was engineered to accept the stock mounting bracket.
6. What impeller does this pump use?
A: This pump features an upgraded larger shaft and bearing assembly and is designed to use the standard Mercruiser sea pump impeller
that has been around for 30 years and is readily available across the country. The impeller is included in the kit.
7. What OEM sea pumps does this fit and what OEM #'s does it replace?
A:Fits Mercruiser Gen 7 Sea Water Pumps (2000-Present)305/350/377/496 C.I.D 5.0L/5.7L/6.2L/8.1LTBI/MPI/EFI/MAG/Horizon/Scorpio
Replaces Mercury Part Numbers: 468M0122655, 46-8M0118067, 46-862914T08, 46-862914T08P, 46-862914T12, 46-862914A13, 46-862914A13, 46-862914T10, 46-862914T11, 46-862914A13, 0M615000 THRU 0W300012, 0W300013 THRU 0W309999, 0W310000 THRU 0W649999, 0W650000 THRU 1A063239, 1A063240 & Up
8. I'm having possible suction issues with my Mercrusier Gen 7 Pump, what can I do?
A: Check out this link
for a troubleshooting guide.
Full 360 View