|Daytona Sensors CD-1 Capacitive Discharge Ignition Box and Coil System for Marine Applications
- 135 mJ spark energy output.
- Built-in data logging capability with 16 Mbit DataFLASH memory.
- Dedicated input terminals for launch RPM and manifold pressure.
- One general purpose input and two general purpose input/output terminals. Inputs can be programmed for high gear retard, burnout RPM limit, vehicle speed sensor, and throttle position sensor.
- Outputs can be programmed for RPM window switch, nitrous system activation, and multi-gear shift light functions.
- Fully encapsulated construction using surface mount electronics. Waterproof and highly resistant to vibration and shock. 12 pin Deutsch connector used for signal connections.
- Compact size. Module is 7.0”L x 5.25”W x 1.9”H. Coil is 4.4”L x 3.2”W x 3.0”H
- Highly efficient switching power supply based on US Patents 6518733 and 6636021. Less than 5 amp current draw at 8,000 RPM. Rated for continuous operation at 8,500 RPM and 85º C (185º F).
- Compatible with 8 cylinder marine engines with distributor type ignition.
- Digitally set RPM limit with 100 RPM steps from 3,000 to 9,900 RPM.
- Seven switch selectable advance curves and a fixed timing mode cover most Mercury marine high performance applications.
- PC programmable idle stabilization feature.
- PC programmable advance features ranging from a simple RPM based advance curve to a 3D timing map with boost proportional retard.
- Dedicated input terminals for manifold pressure and an externally activated 0-18 degree retard feature.
- Three general purpose input/output terminals. Two inputs are reserved for data logging. An additional input/output terminal can be used for data logging or as an RPM window switch.
- Module and coil are both certified to meet the ignition protection requirements of the NMMA, the USCG, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 SAE standards for marine applications.